Facts: Nuuk Nordic Culture Festival 2019
- Is a week long celebration of greenlandic and nordic art and culture.
- Was founded in 2015 and is a recurring festival which is held every second year.
- Starts this year on okt. 7. and continues until okt. 13.
- Offers many different forms of art from music and dance to exhibitions, seminars, litterature, workshops, food etc. etc.
- Has more than 200 different artist from all over the north in the programme. Almost 50 percent of them are greenlandic artists.
- Is hosting artists from Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, The Faroe Islands, Åland, Canada and USA. And also even some from Australia and Iran.
- Is during the festival week among others run by around 100 volunteers.
- Ticket prices: 800 DKK for the entire week - young people under 16 are free. Some events are free for all. Day tickets costs 300 DKK.
ABOUT NUUK NORDIC
Since 2015 Nuuk Nordic Culture Festival has taken part in setting the standard for how far art and culture can go within the Nordic collaboration. In the autumn of both 2015 and 2017 the capital of Greenland Nuuk hosted one of the most honest, concentrated and inclusive platforms for artistic development, collaboration and inspiration. Nuuk Nordic Culture Festival will again in 2019 be a week long celebration of arts and culture in all forms - far from the heart of the Nordic region but also close to the heart of the Nordic collaboration.
Greenland is the Arctic window in the Nordic region. The physical location puts the worlds biggest island in a tense where all things wonderful and wonderous happens and fantastic arts rises up. From the heart of cultures, values, peoples and societies everything melts together in a very visible and audible manne - in a sharp contrast to the brutal backdrop of the nature.
Nuuk Nordic offers during its festival every second year a broad list of program-lineups with new multimodal productions that involve the audience in co-creation and participation which blurs the lines between entertainment and art, performer and spectator, audience and venue. The festival breaks down the barriers, all to create a new framework where unexpected meetings and new relations can happen. The result of this is a many facetted program, created in a vulnerable proces.
This year Nuuk Nordic Culture Festival will take place in week 41. The festival begins at October 7 and continuous to October 13. During the entire week there will be a numerous amount of different events from a lot of different kinds of art. Look forward to music, scene act, seminars, exhibition, literature, workshops and much, much more.
The core values of the festival are:
Nuuk Nordic Culture Festival is initiated in 2015 and it is owned by Kommuneqarfik Sermersooq and NAPA, the Nordic Institute in Greenland